The first alarmed folding lock on the market.
Something to make bike thieves think twice: as well as the ultra-safe mechanical features boasted by all of the folding locks in the ABUS BORDO range, the BORDO Alarm 6000A is the first folding lock anywhere in the world to sound an alarm (at a volume of 100dB) if it detects an attempted attack. It does so thanks to the smart 3D Position Detection sensors, which detect the smallest of movements in all three dimensions. The sensor technology incorporated into the BORDO Alarm 6000A can distinguish between picking attempts and the small vibrations which occur when the lock is connected, for example, or a football bounces nearby; in these situations, the lock will emit a small warning beep but will not sound a full alarm. Acoustic signals provide information on battery level and activity status.
- 13/64" bars with extra-soft two-component casing to prevent damage to paintwork
- The bars and body are made of specially hardened steel
- Alarm at a volume of at least 100 dB for 20 seconds, followed by automatic reactivation
- 3D Position Detection – detects vibrations and the smallest of movements in all three dimensions and triggers an alarm
- Smart alarm – the lock only emits a small warning beep in the event of minor and brief vibrations, e.g. if a football bounces nearby
- Acoustic signals provide information on battery level and activity status
- Bars are linked with special rivets
- ABUS Plus cylinder for maximum protection against attempted manipulation, e.g. picking
Operation and use:
- Great protection where there is a high risk of theft
- Ideal for securing high-cost bicycles
- The longer the chain, the easier it is to lock the bicycle to a fixed object